The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) have been engaged by a specialist logistics business based near Sheffield to recruit a Senior Internal Auditor. You would be joining a reasonably large audit and risk function, and report into a Senior Manager within the team and interact with the Director.
The organisation has undergone extensive transformation in recent years and is continuing to digitalise, so an internal audit and risk specialist within the business, you can expect to enjoy extensive variety in the audits you lead on (predominantly operational focused followed by some financial and IT auditing), provide assurance for major projects, and support key risk management activities. Your role would be split 80 / 20% between internal audit and risk management.
Long term, there is scope for you to progress into an Audit & Risk Manager, or there are different routes into the business, for example, this vacancy has arisen from an internal move.
- Ownership of risk-based audits based on business and emerging risks and proactively seeks stakeholder agreement.
- Support in the design and deliver an agile approach to audit methodology and delivery in an increasing digital environment.
- Plan, execute and report on risk-based audits in line with procedures and best practice methodology and agree pragmatic solutions that balance the business benefit against the associated risk.
- Provide assurance for major projects and initiatives
- Plan and conduct risk workshops to facilitate the developments and maintenance of Risk Registers.
- Build strong relationships with business management and proactively drive the audit and risk management process
- Internal Audit / Risk Assurance experience within a Big 4 / Top 10 practice firm or in-house function
- Experience working with commercial clients or within a commercially focused business
- ACA, ACCA, or CIA qualification is preferred, but those qualified by experience should also apply.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence
- Working knowledge of Data Analytics/Technology Risk is a bonus as is any knowledge of IT control frameworks (e.g., COBIT, ISO 2700, ITIL) and / or project assurance would be a bonus
- Mix of home and office-based working weighted either way depending on your preferred way of working.
- Circa 20% UK travel
- £45,000 - £50,000
- Up to 18% bonus
The business is keen to interview right away, so if this looks of interest to you, please apply for more information.