The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company is exclusively recruiting a newly created Senior Internal Auditor role for a PE backed, multi-dimensional UK organisation.
The position has been created because the audit and risk function is undergoing an exciting period of development within a wider 5 year roadmap, and working closely with the senior management team, you will help drive and shape that development.
You will be an experienced auditor (internal or external audit) and qualified accountant or auditor with 2+ years PQE.
The role will cover internal audit and risk management activities, so as well as leading on the delivery of a diverse range of operational and financial audits, you will help the business better understand and manage its risk. Therefore, you will really be able to develop and demonstrate your commercial awareness and ability to advise and business partner across levels.
Additionally, given the multi-dimensional nature of the business you will enjoy plenty of variety in the audits and risk management work you conduct. Long-term, there would be scope for your role to progress within audit and risk, or you can move into the business.
The organisation is headquartered in Newcastle, and you can expect to find a creative, warm, and friendly environment where your ideas are actively encouraged and listened to.
Summary of skills and background
- External or internal audit experience although if the latter, it will need to include financial auditing
- Accounting or audit qualification (ACA / ACA / CIMA / CIA)
- Track record of leading on the delivery of audit and other assurance work
- Confident communicator well versed in dealing with senior stakeholders
- Audit experience within a multi-dimensional business (or working with multi-dimensional clients if coming from practice) would be beneficial but is not a must
- Any data analytics experience would be a bonus
Both the business and audit and risk function are on an exciting journey, for more information, please apply now
*Once back in the office, there will still be some flexibility to work from home. Travel to other sites will be minimal at c. 10%