The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company has been mandated to recruit a Senior Group Internal Auditor for a multi-billion-pound, manufacturing and supply business that operates across all corners of the globe.
The role is suited to either a Big 4 auditor with 6+ years’ experience looking for a move into industry, and specifically a global organisation, or an internal auditor working within a large, commercially focused organisation and seeking a new challenge. If you are also looking for international travel and to work with diverse, multinational teams, this role is ideal for you.
Re the international travel, it will be circa 50% and when back in the UK, you would be working from home. Of that 50% travel, about 70% will be European focused and the remainder across any of their other international sites (particularly the US and South America).
The position itself has been borne out of growth and an internal move into the business, and you will be part of a team of 7 based across European locations and reporting into a Head of Audit who invests plenty of time into the development of his team.
You will primarily be responsible for managing leading audit end-to-end and reviewing the working papers of other team members. You can expect to gain a strong understanding as to how the organisation operates as a whole standing you in good stead for various of progression into the business, for example, a member of team has recently transitioned into a Financial Controller role within another of the business’s European hubs.
Additionally, full support will also be provided if you wish to take further qualifications such as the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), and Certified Information System Auditor (CISA).
- Plan, execute and report on audits / reviews assigned by the Group Head of Internal Audit.
- Review work papers of other team members as deemed appropriate by the Group Head of Internal Audit & Compliance.
- Interpret policy and procedures and apply professional accounting, IT and auditing principles and standards to test and evaluate financial, IT, operational and risk management controls.
- Develop recommendations which have been agreed with management ensuring that the recommendations are realistic and achievable and cost effective and add value to the business.
- Build positive working relationships with Head Office and Divisional management teams to ensure mutual understanding of the role of internal audit and work with them on business process and internal control improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned including ad hoc projects and special investigations as deemed appropriate by the Audit Committee.
Experience and skillset
- Audit experience in Big 4 including working with commercial focused, listed clients or experience working in-house for a commercially focused listed business (any manufacturing sector experience / knowledge would be a bonus).
- 6+ years’ experience
- ACA qualified or equivalent.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Able to influence and engage people at all levels across the Group.
- Credible, flexible, personable and team oriented.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
Remuneration - Up to £60,000 salary + 10% bonus