The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company is recruiting an Internal Audit Manager on behalf a FTSE 100 listed, household name. The business operates globally with the group internal audit function based in the UK.
The group audit function is large, highly skilled, and supportive with emphasis placed on the development of staff. The role will have little to no travel and offer great flexible working.
This is a hands-on managerial role leading teams and the delivery of audits. You can expect extremely diverse work covering operational, risk management, and project assurance focused engagements.
- Delivering end-to-end audits in a risk assessed, timely, and focused manner, utilising data analytics tools where appropriate
- Preparing audit reports
- Managing stakeholders throughout the audit process with a customer-focused approach
- Tracking and following up on audit recommendations ensuring effective implementation and remediation
- Providing input to Group Internal Audit’s annual strategy of a programme of objective audit work through gathering business insights
- Providing coaching and mentoring to other team members and direct reports on specific engagements
A full accounting (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) or audit (CIA) qualified is sought and required is a minimum of 5 years auditing experience within a complex organisation or working with complex commercial clients if joining from practice. A strong understanding of financial processes and controls will be needed so external auditors are equally being considered.
From a softer skills perspective, the ability to apply judgement, solve problems, make bold decisions, project-manage, be resilient, and influence and communicate effectively at a senior level will see you perform highly. Longer-term there is routes for progression including into the business.
*London, Leeds and Bristol can be considered a base location