The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company are exclusively recruiting for an exciting FTSE 250 brand in Manchester, for a Group Risk Manager. Paying up to £95,000 per annum with only 2 days in the office a week, and one to two international trips a year, the company are keen to attract applicants with FMCG experience and the gravitas to help build a function that has been pushed to the forefront of the organisation’s plans, due to recent strategic re-alignment.
The main purpose of this role is to design, implement and maintain a FTSE 250-standard risk management process and deliver effective identification, assessment, mitigation and reporting of risk across the Group.
The role is critical to the business meetings its obligations of risk reporting internally and externally via the annual report. Without this role, these reporting requirements would not be met, and the business would be less able to operate with the benefits of effective risk management underpinning these operations.
The role covers the entire Group and the role holder must therefore have an international outlook and ability to flex their communication and working style accordingly.
The role holder will:
- Be accountable for the creation, design, formalisation, implementation and maintenance of a risk management process across the Group. This will include the creation and maintenance of robust and informative risk reporting to management, the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), the Board, and for inclusion in the Annual Report and Accounts (ARA).
- Own all aspects of the risk management process, including risk identification, assessment, reporting, training (risk workshops), and supporting the business in identification and implementation of appropriate risk-mitigation.
- Design and maintain a risk assessment mechanism.
- Ensure that risk reporting, risk registers and heat maps are updated regularly, through documentation review, relationship management, risk workshops and reviews with the appropriate teams, departments and individuals.
- Facilitate risk workshops with market and functional leadership teams where appropriate.
- Ensure that the progress and completion of mitigating actions are monitored and reported upon.
- Develop the risk reporting framework to ensure it is in line with best practice, consulting with third parties as appropriate.
- Prepare the risk reporting section for the ARA.
- Present and report to all appropriate stakeholders, including the Audit and Risk Committee (ARC, the Board, the ELT and Senior Management.