The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company is recruiting a Senior Internal Auditor on behalf a FTSE 100 listed, household name.
The job role holder will bring market risk experience and capability to support the delivery of individual audits and associated reports in order to provide assurance to the Audit Committee and business management. This role’s primary focus will be on the management of Trading & Commodity Risk across the Business.
In turn the job role will support the business in delivering shareholder value, in a culture where customers are treated fairly and the company operates with integrity.
This role can be based in the London offices and they are very happy to discuss flexible working arrangements.
The Job role:
- As part of an audit delivery team, provide market risk experience to support the identification of risk areas and understanding of control effectiveness in the Trading & Commodity related business areas
- Operational delivery of audit activities working within a team and with wider members of the business or other subject matter experts
- Identify gaps in controls and potential implications for discussion within the Internal Audit team and wider stakeholders
- Lead specific audit assignments and deliver to schedule and to the required quality standards
- Application of experience, initiative and judgment to situations encountered in audits
- Appropriate use of escalation to produce high quality deliverables.
- Experience of working within a trading environment, particularly relating to the management of market risk
- Understanding of core risk and control areas within a Trading environment, with particular experience in market risk
- Analytical with attention to detail but able to propose practical actions
- Able to understand business risks within the trading activities undertaken by the business, identify expected controls and design testing activities in line with the department methodology
- Robust and independent mindset with the confidence to raise issues appropriately with senior management
- Able to work effectively as part of a team to deliver to tight deadlines
- Potential to lead small teams and manage smaller groups of people
- Ability to interrogate and present data as part of audit fieldwork
- Ambitious and motivated to broaden knowledge of auditing, risk management and controls within a trading environment
- Prior auditing experience is not required, nor is a formal accounting qualification.