The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) have been mandated by a world renowned international charity to help them source a Senior Internal Auditor for their London team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a global team that will have 40% international travel and mostly remote working the remainder of the time.
Purpose of job:
To contribute to an efficient and effective internal audit department through playing a key role in supporting the management of risk and achievement of objectives. This will include performing all aspects of internal audit assignments (planning, fieldwork & reporting), in support of the annual audit opinion of the adequacy and effectiveness of the governance, risk management and control processes that exist throughout the organisation.
The candidate must be a forward-looking and commercial thinking (finance) professional and must have the ability to support, work with and influence colleagues across the organisation.
Context and environment:
The internal audit department is a globally diverse team with teams in London, Hong Kong and Nairobi (total of 13 FTE). The team is led by the Director of Audit who reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer with a strong ‘dotted’ reporting line to the Chair of the Audit & Finance Committee. The department follows a risk-based approach to audit and conducts both country audits and audits of specific risk areas (Program Assurance, Technology/IS, thematic audits etc.)
The Internal Audit department delivers a comprehensive, independent and objective audit service to the organisation, whilst ensuring this is achieved in a customer-orientated manner which is in accordance with the clients values.
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
- Responsible for leading and conducting the preparation, planning, execution and reporting of risk-based audits (incl. country audits).
- Input into the development of the risk-based audit plan
- Providing both verbal and written recommendations for improvements to Country, Regional and Functional Management.
- Delivery of high quality work and the production of excellent working papers and summaries of information.
- Preparing (draft) reports and management updates, assisting the managers and other members in the team.
- The performance of ad hoc assignments as required (e.g. investigations, advisory engagements).
- Liaising at all levels of the organisation including senior management.