The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company is seeking a Senior Internal Auditor on behalf of a globally listed automotive and supply chain organisation. The business is in a financially strong position, cash rich, and continues to grow and acquire despite the ongoing pandemic.
They now have an opening for an experienced auditor to join their collaborative and friendly European audit function. The team is spread across a handful of European hubs including three auditors in the UK office where your line manager is also based. Key to them in the person joining is a positive, proactive, and team-orientated approach who will ultimately contribute positively to what is a fantastic work environment.
The team has operated well working from home so post lockdown, this arrangement will remain in place and you will only be expected in the office one, sometimes two, days per week. Therefore, those living further afield across the UK are also encouraged to apply.
The role itself will cover financial, operational, and compliance-based audits, most of which risk-based. You will often lead on audits from planning through to reporting stages, including leading other team members, and assist your European and UK counterparts on other engagements. You will also assist in the training and supervision of less experienced auditors in the team, contribute ideas to the senior management in the audit team, and support your Manager on other strategic projects.
- Internal audit experience would naturally be beneficial but those from a purely external audit background are equally being considered
- Full accounting or audit qualification (ACA / ACCA / ICAS / CIA) although part-qualification will also be considered if with a minimum of 5 years relevant auditing experience
- Audit experience gained within a professional services firm (Big 4 / Top 10) or a large commercial organisation
- Good communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships across levels
- Knowledge and experience of data analytics will be a big plus
- Willingness to travel a likely 30%, maximum 40% of the time. This will be mainly short stint, European based travel with the occasional trip to the US
It will be a two-stage interview process with video conferencing interviewing taking place right away, if interested, please apply now.
*Salary is £50,000 + £6,000 car allowance + 5% bonus