The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) are looking to recruit a Senior Internal Auditor for a global business based in the West Midlands. This international company operates under several very well-known brands across the UK and has an excellent ecommerce presence which has allowed it to respond effectively to the current climate.
You expect to gain broad exposure as to how the business operates, experience in risk management, and extensive senior stakeholder engagement. There is also a large emphasis on learning and development with scope to progress into the business.
In terms of the culture, it is inclusive, collaborative, non-hierarchical, and lends itself to a strong work / life balance. Once we begin to move beyond Covid restrictions, there will be a blend of home and office-based working at their Birmingham site.
Looking at the role, you will be reporting into the Internal Audit Manager and hold responsibly for carrying out risk-based audits across the business leading the reviews from scoping to reporting, drafting and clearance of the report. You will also conduct risk management activities, investigations into process issues, and assist in the formation of the annual audit plan.
Required is a recognised accountancy or internal audit qualification (ACA/ACCA/IIA) either from a practice background (Top 10) or a large commercial business. Preferably, you will possess some internal audit experience although this is not a must
Summary of key responsibilities
- Carrying out risk-based audits across the business (end-to-end process).
- Conducting investigations into process issues as requested by management.
- Assisting in the compilation of an effective risk-based audit plan feeding into the overall Corporate Audit Plan;
- Contributing to the quarterly risk management process, and assessing both past and future risks
- Supporting and/or leading on data analytics projects
- Providing consultative input on major change initiatives as part of the company’s strategic initiatives
Interviews are taking place via video conferencing. For more information, please apply now.