The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company is exclusively recruiting a Senior Group Internal Auditor on behalf of a listed transport organisation that is the premium private sector transportation business in the country. The business is also at the forefront of innovation when it comes to meeting sustainable, net-zero transportation solutions.
You will be joining a well-respected audit function and report into a personable Senior Internal Audit Manager who is highly knowledgeable of the sector and values and enjoys developing his team members. In turn, he reports in the Audit Director and there are two other auditors within the team.
If you value home working then this role will be ideal because when not travelling to UK sites about 35% of the time, you will work fully from home.
The position would also be ideal if you are an experienced internal auditor who enjoys plenty of ownership and variety in the audits you conduct. You will complete both Group and divisional levels complete across financial, operational, and functional support processes, and gain some IT audit exposure. The expertise of the function is also sought for investigative type work such as whistleblowing.
You will have full ownership of these audits from planning and research through to formal close-outs and delivery of high-quality reports.
- Minimum of 3 years, ideally 5, internal audit experience
- Accounting or Chartered IA qualification (CIIA)
- Experience working in a large, listed organisation
- Sound knowledge of key business processes, internal control frameworks and risk management principles
- Strong analytical, problem solving and report writing skills
- Highly developed communications skills with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Knowledge and experience of data analytics would be beneficial
- Self-starter and team player
- Base salary of £50,000 - £55,000
- Travel expenses full covered
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme