The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC)* have been mandated by a large UK Insurance conglomerate to assist in their search for a Data Analytics Senior Auditor. This is an exciting time to join the business on the back of a recent major acquisition which is reflected in the continued growth of the audit department.
This is a high profile position that will oversee the development of our client’s internal audit digital strategy. As part of an extensive governance programme, you will be responsible for multiple data driven audits across numerous areas from operational and general governance to risk capital based projects.
You will also have opportunities to have an impact the wider international group in terms of how they shape their data governance.
Basic salary for this role is paying circa 55 - 70K / per annum + bonus + benefits.
- Coordinate own and assignment-based resources to carry out audits, liaising with staff and management at all levels, analysing information and data and drawing conclusions about the adequacy and effectiveness of controls, risk management and governance.
- Compile Audit documentation to agreed quality standards and timescales.
- Conduct Closing Conferences with senior management, in order to advise them of preliminary findings, confirm the accuracy of these findings and discuss the feasibility of the recommendations proposed.
- Follow-up on progress made with implementation of recommendations.
- Provide Internal Audit Management with feedback on the progress of audit assignments and contribute to planning the allocation of Internal Audit resources.
- Undertake relationship management, ensuring that the business areas are kept informed of any arising audit issues.
- Set short term objectives for each assignment, allocate resources, monitor and review progress against targets.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to critically analyse and interpret data (following a systematic and disciplined approach) to draw effective, objective conclusions.
- Mixture of business and digital technology skillset including working knowledge of data analytics; awareness and application of existing and emerging digital technologies and solutions
- Experience of programming languages such as SQL and Python in relation to Data Management Systems is useful
- Awareness of Internal Audit methodology and professional standards
- Completed or working towards a professional qualification in accountancy, audit, or another relevant discipline
- Internal Audit background. Preferably experience in digital technology assurance
- Knowledge and experience of Financial Services (preferably general insurance) is preferable but not a prerequisite
- Working knowledge of data analytics tool, for example; Qlik, Alteryx, MicroStrategy
- Strategic perspective of requirements for internal audit
*The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company – Experts in Audit and Risk !