The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company have been tasked with sourcing an Internal IT Auditor for a multi-national food company based in Northampton. This exciting role will allow the post holder to take a hands on role within a progressive team. They will be responsible for the preparation, Management and Execution of the Annual Audit plan and Sox Programmes working with key stakeholders to agree timeframes within the specialist directives.
They are seeking a highly energetic, person who is willing to take ownership of their work and adopt a clear and honest approach to dealing with senior stakeholders within the business. In return they will receive a generous salary of up to £50,000 plus a £5k car allowance.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Assist Internal Audit Management in the Execution & delivery of the Annual Audit Plan
- Be a key contributor to the success of the Sarbanes-Oxley (Sox) Programme which includes executing walk-throughs, performing testing of key controls, disclosure controls, remediation testing, deficiency analysis and reporting.
- Perform risk-based IT and other Operational or technical audits as needed.
- Write Audit reports, present and discuss adequately supported audit findings, recommendations, and conclusions with management.
- Track outstanding recommendations on an ongoing basis to ensure that these are adequately implemented.
- Draft comprehensive, precise, and concise Audit reports for issue to all management levels.
- Prepare flow charts, identify key controls, and draft risk-based Audit Programmes.
- From time to time, assist with any other special project work, as requested by the Internal Audit Manager
- Identify potential process and Business improvement opportunities identified as part of audit testing and reviews.
- Attend and present at meetings as requested by the audit manager.
- Prepare and present status updates as requested by the audit manager.
- Work with Management and External Auditors as required by the audit manager.
Business Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant IT Business Degree / or IT Audit Qualification (Essential)
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience of internal or external auditing (Desirable)
- Worked in an international manufacturing/ food processing environment (Desirable)
- Experience using Data Analytics (Desirable)
- PRINCE2 (Desirable)