The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) has been mandated to assist with sourcing an Internal Audit Manager for a large energy services company.
The successful candidate will deliver a portfolio of assigned audits on a global basis, working as part of a small but specialist team to provide independent assurance that the Group’s risk management, governance and internal control processes are operating effectively. You will be reporting into the UK based Head of Internal Audit, and with line manager responsibility, the successful candidate will engage in hands-on auditing to deliver high quality and insightful audit reports. Experience of effectively supervising experienced auditors on audit assignments with tight deadlines is a must, as are excellent report writing skills. The successful candidate will have significant audit experience, been trained in audit methodology, and with industry experience gained in a commercially focused and process improvement driven internal audit function. The majority of audits have a significant financial element, but with global process, operational and compliance audits also included on the annual audit plan.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA).
- Trained in audit methodology.
- Practical, end-to-end hands-on experience of delivering audits and overseeing supporting staff.
- Native level verbal and written English skills; other language skills beneficial
- An inquisitive and analytical mindset and an ability to understand the commercial and operational side of the business and relate it to the financial performance and metrics that are being audited.
- A self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude and a keen eye for focusing in on what matters.
- Appreciation of ERP (SAP beneficial) and payroll system functionality and risk.
- Ability and willingness to travel globally approximately 50% of the time.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, to manage competing priorities and to deliver under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong Excel skills.
What’s in it for you?
A large amount of flexibility with hybrid working pattern. Located in Sutton, an easy commute from London. Large amount of exciting travel opportunities – 50%.
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company – Experts in Audit and Risk Recruitment!