The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) has been asked by an international law firm to recruit an Internal Audit Manager.
Located in central London, this role requires circa 25% international travel to offices globally.
- Completion of audit assignments in accordance with the annual Internal Audit Plan.
- Contribute to the preparation of audit programmes suitable for each assignment ensuring that key risks are assessed and controls tested.
- Planning, performing and completing audit assignments in order to fulfil the annual internal audit plan, and to carry out short notice reviews as they arise.
- Make suitable recommendations to address risks or control weaknesses identified. Identify and assess alternatives that might yield further improved efficiency or additional cost savings.
- Apply professional accounting and auditing principles and standards to test and evaluate the financial and operational systems.
- Draft internal audit reports ensuring that all statements including the observations are both factually correct and accurately and fairly reflect the significance of the issue that has been identified.
- In conjunction with other team members, development of new and improved auditing techniques including the use of data analytics.
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with strong demonstrable post qualification experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of audit procedures and practice, including planning, techniques, test and sampling methods involved in conducting audits.
- The ability to gather and analyse information and to use the results of that analysis to make effective decisions and find innovative solutions to problems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of management, both orally and in writing, including the ability to interview persons to elicit sensitive information.
- Possession of excellent inter-personal skills and an ability to ensure professional standards are maintained at all times such as will enable the development of close working relationships with a wide variety of individuals within the Firm.
- Maintenance of strict and complete independence from all non-audit operational management at all times. A high standard of integrity in this regard will be expected in relation to all relevant matters.
- Ability to maintain current knowledge of developments related to business matters of interest to internal audit, especially legislation changes and developments as they affect the partnership, and of new auditing techniques and practices.
Hours of work: Mon - Fri, 09.30 - 17.30
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company - Experts in Audit and Risk Recruitment!