The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) have been asked by a FTSE100 Global business that operates across the UK, Europe, North America to recruit a Head of Internal Audit for their London team. This is a great time to join this well established function as they embark on their new three year strategy and continue to grow the team.
Reporting into the Global Director of Risk and Audit, my client is hiring a Senior Manager to join their Global Risk Assurance team as Head of UK Audit to lead the delivery of their internal audit plan in the UK.
This is a key appointment for the Global function, leading the UK internal audit team, developing the UK audit plan and working closely with the Head of international audit on global audits. You will apply your technical skills, business knowledge and commercial judgement to deliver risk-based audits that add value to the Group. This role will offer you valuable exposure to all areas of their operation and will own senior stakeholder relationships with the UK Executive and across the business, attend and report results of work to the Audit & Risk Committee.
Working with the Director of Risk and Audit, the role will drive the development of the function into new service areas and support the development of the team and helping them seek opportunities to learn and develop their skills. You will work closely with the Global Head of Risk Management and external co-source providers to maximise the value brought to the business
the role will offer hybrid working to enable you to balance your working week between home and the office. It would be advantageous to be based close to London to allow for easier access to our home office and London based team.
About the role
• Shape and lead the delivery of the internal audit strategy. methodology and quality assurance standards.
• Drive and manage the plan of risk-based audits, including financial, operational, IT-related and project audits.
• Lead in the development of continuous improvement activities that enhance Internal Audit effectiveness and efficiency.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with business management including being an active and valued contributor to formal governance processes and forums.
• Attend and present to the Audit & Risk Committee.
• Professionally qualified accountant (ACA) or internal auditor (IIA) working as a risk, assurance or other audit professional, with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience, operating at least at a senior manager level in a Big Four accounting firm or in house at a large corporate.
Please get in touch for more information.
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company - Experts in Audit and Risk Recruitment!