The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) are recruiting for a Group Internal Auditor for a public sector organisation based in Cambridgeshire. This role will sit within the Internal Audit team, reporting directly to the Head of Audit and offers flexible working and a generous Public Sector pension.
The ideal candidate will be a CCAB or IIA qualified internal auditor with experience in the Public Sector and, ideally. In addition, and understanding of the principles of contract audit, contract management and open-book reviews, IT Audit, Risk Management and the audit of fraud will be looked upon favourably.
The key objectives of the role include:
- Supporting the Head of Internal Audit in the operational management of the Internal Audit and Risk Management Service
- Providing an independent and evidence-based assurance to management and other stakeholders that their key risks are being managed effectively
- Evaluating the effectiveness and proportionality of governance arrangements in place to ensure key system objectives are achieved.
- Ascertaining the extent of compliance with key procedures, policies, regulations and legislation adopted by, or imposed upon, the organisation.
- Identifying where weaknesses in internal control could lead to inefficiency, waste, fraud or irregularity.
- Recommending effective and proportionate governance improvements to better mitigate risks
- Ensuring that assurances given in their work is completed in full compliance with the Public Sector Internal Audit Standards
Group Auditors are also likely to undertake more complex portfolios of work.
If this sounds like you or you would like to hear more about this exciting role please get in touch with me on 07825 628544 or Dan@auditandriskrecruitment.com