The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company are currently recruiting for a compliance auditor for one of the countries largest energy suppliers. The initial contract length will be for 6 months, with the possibility of an extension at the end of this,
Reporting to the Group Compliance Operations Manager, the Compliance Auditor will complete internal Compliance reviews which scrutinise the activities of all the Group business units in relation to assessing compliance with their regulatory and legislative obligations, provide compliance advice to the businesses and review business documentation to ensure effectiveness from a compliance perspective.
The key responsibilities will include:-
- Conducting Compliance reviews either solely or as part of a team, as set out by the risk based Compliance Monitoring Programme, or ad hoc as required.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of external rules and obligations (e.g. regulation, legislation) and Group policies.
- Engage with business unit representatives and 1st line assurance to ensure that compliance risks are understood and recorded.
- Communicate review findings and manage actions, both verbally and via written reports in a professional, concise and structured manner to key stakeholders at all levels.
- In order to cover the full scope of the role, you may be required to travel to business units throughout GB and Ireland.
Requirements for Role:
- Relevant, current Audit qualification (e.g. CIA or ICA in Governance Risk & Compliance), or working towards OR degree qualification in a relevant subject area (e.g. law, business management, financial) OR appropriate relevant experience in a similar role with the ability to competently perform end-to-end compliance reviews.
- Current knowledge of relevant business legislation and the regulatory rules that govern energy markets.
- Ability to gather, test, interpret and analyse data to support findings, and present these back in a clear, logical, structured and concise manner. A good eye for detail and ability operate in challenging situations will be key.
- Ability to operate flexibly and respond to changing business needs, as well as willingness to identify, seek out and provide resolutions to issues.
- Strong communication, stakeholder management and influencing skills will be key, with the ability to build strong relationships and maintain a network of internal business experts.