The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) has been mandated by a globally renowned top ten-ranked auditors and tax advisers based in Canary Wharf, to recruit for an Audit Semi-Senior role to join their Business Services Team and Financial Services Team.
As part of the Business Service team, you will gain exposure to a variety of different client types. You could be involved in the audit of any organisation from a listed company to working with owner-managed businesses. Their clients include natural resource companies, tech companies, professional practices and retailers.
As part of the Financial Services team, you will be joining the sixth largest provider of external audit services to the UK insurance industry. The team also provide external audit services to asset managers, private equity funds, corporate finance firms, and other FCA authorised businesses. You will also be able to gain exposure to internal audit work.
- Attend pre-audit discussions with partner and manager
- Plan smaller audit assignments with the assistance of the audit partner and manager
- Ensure an adequate briefing is held and other members of staff are briefed in detail
- Ensure that the work undertaken on site is in accordance with the approved plan and budget
- Review the work of more junior staff on each assignment and provide feedback to them
- Hold daily team meetings to assess progress on smaller assignments
- Advise the audit manager of progress on the job and any developments that may lead to a change in strategy on a daily basis
- Suggest logical solutions to problems
- For smaller audit assignments under withdrawn supervision, complete the audit file and pass the complete file for review to the manager subject only to key points raised for the manager’s attention, to include the following: Planning, Closing, Fixed assets, Stock, Debtors & Sales, Bank, Creditors & Purchases, Tax, VAT, Provisions, Reserves, Profit and loss, Payroll, Related parties, Trial balance
- Under withdrawn supervision on larger audit assignments, complete the following sections: Creditors section: accruals, VAT, PAYE, HP and other; Debtors section: prepayments, accrued income and other; Provision of contingent liabilities; Capital and reserves; Related parties
- Specialist audit assignments – gain experience at a junior level on solicitor reviews, charity audits and IFRS assignments
- Complete appraisals in accordance with the firm’s procedures
- Respond to client concerns in an efficient and professional manner
- Be able to provide sound advice to clients and demonstrate knowledge of business issues
- To act in a mentoring capacity for more junior staff
- Coach more junior members of staff on the job
- ACA part qualified;
- Approximately 12-18 months relevant work experience in a practice firm;
- Accountancy audit-based training; and
- IFRS knowledge.
If you have the required skills and are interested in the role please get in touch to learn further details!
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) – Experts in audit and risk recruitment!